We have had a busy fall so far. It is hard to believe that first quarter of the school year is coming to a close! We have been implementing growth mindset and mindfulness strategies in the classrooms. Students and staff had a great time during our annual Halloween parade! Everyone enjoyed the teacher led “flash mob.”
Our clubs are all up and running. General information about our clubs can be accessed on the school website under the section “Pierrepont Quick Links.” Select “Co-Curricular Clubs” to reach a chart that provides a quick reference for each club. Club names are listed in blue and if you click on the club name you will access a Google site for each club’s advisor. Club advisors maintain a Google site with specific information about each club.
We will continue to head outdoors for recess as often as possible. Please be sure to send your children with appropriate attire for outdoor play. When sending lunch and snack items in, please avoid glass containers.
As autumn moves along and the leaves begin to change, please note the following dates:
- School will be closed November 6 for Election Day and on November 8 and 9 for the NJEA Convention.
- To commemorate American Education Week, Pierrepont School is hosting parent visitations on Tuesday, November 13. Letters will be sent home via Connect 5 with the time schedule.
- The classroom teachers have scheduled parent conferences for November 15 and 16. Due to the conferences, students will have a one-session day on Thursday, November 15 and no school on Friday, November 16. Students will be dismissed at 12:20 on November 16th. Please note that students do not eat lunch in school on one-session days.
- Quarter 1 report cards will be available via the Parent Portal; paper report cards will not be issued.
- Thanksgiving Recess begins on November 21 with a one-session day. All students will be released at 12:20 p.m. School is closed on November 22 and 23.
- Our annual Silver Bells collection to help those in need in our school community will begin on November 19th.
- The lost and found is filling up. If your child is missing any articles of clothing, please check the lost and found. All unclaimed items will be donated over the winter break.
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!