I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday break and the New Year is off to a good start.
- Thank you to all of the students, parents, and staff who donated so generously to Silver Bells. A special thank you goes out to the Student Council, Mr. Breheney, Mr. Helphingstine, Mrs. Frattarola, and Mrs. Augustefer for their efforts to make this year’s Silver Bells a success.
- This is a good time to review with your children what you expect them to do if an emergency closing is called after the start of the school day. In the event of an emergency closing, students will be dismissed at 12:20 p.m. After school care is canceled on emergency closing days. If you are not available to pick your children up at school, it is imperative that they know what to do and where to go. Children who are not picked up will be transported by the Rutherford Police to headquarters where they will be supervised until released to a parent or parent designee.
- School will be closed on Monday, January 20 in commemoration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The winter band concert will be held on January 16 in the multi-purpose room. Grades 4 and 5 will perform from 6:45-7:15 and students in grades 6-8 will perform from 7:30-8:00. I hope you can join us.
- The Books and Beyond reading incentive program will begin on January 21.
- The second marking period closes on February 2. Reports cards will be issued on February 11 to students in grades 4 and 5. Parents of students in grades 6-8 can log into the Parental Portal after February 11 to view quarter 2 final grades.
- With the cold weather upon us, we will utilize “Operation Umbrella” for morning drop off until further notice. Grades 4-6 will be report to the MPR and grades 7-8 will report to the gymnasium.