The school year is off to a great start! Students and teachers have been very busy and working hard. The teachers and I enjoyed seeing so many parents at Back to School Night and are looking forward to working together with you throughout the school year.
The Pierrepont School website continues to maintain a Google calendar throughout the year. The calendar is real time and any changes or updates will be available immediately. A majority of school information will be conveyed via the website. Please subscribe on the webpage so that you may receive messages when the website is updated. A link to the Pierrepont PTA website can be found under “Resources.”
We have many co-curricular clubs at Pierrepont School. There is a link to all co-curricular clubs on the Pierrepont School website under the “Pierrepont Quick Links” section. This will take you to a list of all of the club offerings, club advisors, meeting days and locations, and a link to each advisor’s Google site. Please visit this link to learn about our clubs.
One of school goals this year is mindfulness. As part of that initiative, we will be incorporating yoga into the classrooms. Please join us for a parent meeting to learn about yoga in the classroom. A parent workshop will be held on October 24 at 7pm in the gymnasium.
- School is closed on October 8 for Columbus Day
- The Book Fair will take place October 9-15- students will shop during their scheduled library class. The Book Fair will also be opened for an evening family shopping event on October 10th.
- The first PTA meeting of the year will be in the MPR on October 10 at 7:00 p.m.
- The PTA is sponsoring a 4th grade social on Friday, October 19 from 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- If you are available on October 31 at 1:00 p.m., please join us at the lower field for the annual Halloween Parade (weather permitting.)