We have had a busy fall so far. It is hard to believe that first quarter of the school year is coming to a close! We have been implementing Social and Emotional Learning strategies and are continuing to use mindfulness strategies in the classrooms.
Our clubs are all up and running. General information about our clubs can be accessed on the school website under the section “Pierrepont Quick Links.” Select “Co-Curricular Clubs” to reach a chart that provides a quick reference for each club. Club names are listed in blue and if you click on the club name you will access a Google site for each club’s advisor. Club advisors maintain a Google site with specific information about each club.
Our Green Team is sponsoring a plastic bag drive and is competing to win a bench made from recycled plastic. Please send your children in with any clean, dry, and empty plastic bags and film packaging.
We will continue to head outdoors for recess as often as possible. Please be sure to send your children with appropriate attire for outdoor play. When sending lunch and snack items in, please avoid glass containers.
As autumn moves along and the leaves begin to change, please note the following dates:
- School will be closed November 5 for Election Day and on November 7 and 8 for the NJEA Convention.
- To commemorate American Education Week, Pierrepont School is hosting parent visitations on Wednesday, November 20. Letters will be sent home via Connect 5 with the time schedule.
- Quarter 1 ends November 6. Report cards will be available via the Parent Portal; paper report cards will not be issued.
- Thanksgiving Recess begins on November 27 with a one-session day. All students will be released at 12:20 p.m. School is closed on November 28 and 29.
- Our annual Silver Bells collection to help those in need in our school community will begin on November 21st.
- The lost and found is filling up. If your child is missing any articles of clothing, please check the lost and found. All unclaimed items will be donated over the winter break.
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!