We have had a busy fall so far. It is hard to believe that first quarter of the school year is coming to a close! We were very lucky to have had two players from the NY Jets and the founder of Stomp Out Bullying speak with our 5th and 6th graders during the Week of Respect. Pierrepont School was selected by Google to have our STEM and Computer Applications students attend virtual field trips using Explorer AR technology. Students and staff had a great time during our annual Halloween parade!
Our clubs are all up and running. General information about our clubs can be accessed on the school website under the section “Pierrepont Quick Links.” Select “Co-Curricular Clubs” to reach a chart that provides a quick reference for each club. Club names are listed in blue and if you click on the club name you will access a Google site for each club’s advisor. Club advisors maintain a Google site with specific information about each club. Congratulations to our Friends of Rachel Club who were recognized by the County Prosecutor’s Office with an award that recognizes the club’s work to build a positive school climate.
As autumn moves along and the leaves begin to change, please note the following dates:
- School will be closed November 7 for Election Day and on November 9 and 10 for the NJEA Convention.
- To commemorate American Education Week, Pierrepont School is hosting parent visitations on Tuesday, November 14. Letters will be sent home via Connect 5 with the time schedule.
- The classroom teachers have scheduled parent conferences for November 16 and 17. Due to the conferences, students will have a one-session day on Thursday, November 16 and no school on Friday, November 17. Students will be dismissed at 12:20 on November 16th. Please note that students do not eat lunch in school on one-session days.
- Quarter 1 report cards will be available via the Parent Portal; paper report cards will not be issued.
- Thanksgiving Recess begins on November 22 with a one-session day. All students will be released at 12:20 p.m. School is closed on November 23 and 24.
- Our annual Silver Bells collection to help those in need in our school community will begin on November 13th.
- The Holiday Boutique will be held on December 11 and 12. Students will come down with their classes at an assigned time on a specified day.
- The lost and found is filling up. If your child is missing any articles of clothing, please check the lost and found. All unclaimed items will be donated over the winter break.
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!