Our school year is flying by and we have officially crossed the midway point of the year. Please review with your children what you expect them to do if an emergency closing is called after the start of the school day. In the event of an emergency closing, students will be dismissed at 12:20 p.m. After school care is canceled on emergency closing days. If you are not available to pick your children up at school, it is imperative that they know what to do and where to go.
Our sixth graders will begin planning for seventh grade this month. Students will be visiting Union School on February 20 and February 21 (homerooms will be assigned a specific date.) Mr. Schweitzer, the Union Middle School principal, will be sending out information regarding a middle school parent orientation that will be held in the evening on February 20, 2018.
Please continue to clip, save, and send in Box Tops for Education!
- Pierrepont School will be celebrating “Red Day” on February 2 in honor of the American Heart Association’s National Wear Read Day. Students are also asked to contribute to the “Have a Heart” food drive.
- School will be closed on Friday, February 16 and Monday, February 20 for winter recess.
- The Books and Beyond reading incentive program for students in grades 4-5 began on January 16. Please encourage your children to participate in the program. We look forward to recognizing the students who meet the challenge at the graduation ceremony in April.
- With the cold weather upon us, we will utilize “Operation Umbrella” for morning drop off until further notice. Grades 4 will be report to the MPR and grades 5 will enter through the main door and report to the homeroom and grade 6 will report to the gymnasium.
- We will continue to go outdoors at lunchtime throughout the school year (weather permitting.) It is important that students are dressed appropriately to be outdoors.
- Our students are collecting donations for Hoops for Heart through March 2, 2018. Our goal is to raise $7,000 for the American Heart Association.