Our school year is flying by and we have officially crossed the midway point of the year. Please review with your children what you expect them to do if an emergency closing is called after the start of the school day. In the event of an emergency closing, students will be dismissed at 12:20 p.m. After school care is canceled on emergency closing days. If you are not available to pick your children up at school, it is imperative that they know what to do and where to go.
Our sixth graders will begin planning for seventh grade this month. Students will be visiting Union School on February 25 and February 26 (homerooms will be assigned a specific date.) Mr. Schweitzer, the Union Middle School principal, has sent out information regarding a middle school parent orientation that will be held in the evening on February 6, 2020.
- Pierrepont School will be celebrating “Red Day” on February 7 in honor of the American Heart Association’s National Wear Read Day.
- School will be closed on Friday, February 14 and Monday, February 17 for winter recess.
- The Books and Beyond reading incentive program for students in grades 4-5 began on January 21. Please encourage your children to participate in the program. We look forward to recognizing the students who meet the challenge at the graduation ceremony in late April.
- With the cold weather upon us, we will continue to utilize “Operation Umbrella” for morning drop off until further notice. Grades 4 will enter through the main doors and report to the MPR and grades 5 will enter through the main door and report to the homeroom and grade 6 will report to the gymnasium.
- We will continue to go outdoors at lunchtime throughout the school year (weather permitting.) It is important that students are dressed appropriately to be outdoors.