Dear Parents/ Guardians: December 12, 2022
This school year, Pierrepont School will be hosting its 6th Annual Literacy Fair. The goal is to get our Pierrepont Elementary students excited about reading and provide an opportunity to share one of their favorite books with the rest of the school in a creative way. The reading fair also gives students an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of the parts of a book and the components of a story. Today, students can access the literacy fair packet on their “Library Google Classroom” page and will be asked to select a book and create a storyboard telling the main points about the book. Completed storyboards will be displayed in each homeroom class. The top two storyboards in each homeroom will be displayed in the fair that will take place in the library during Read Across America Week, which starts March 2. Voting will take place throughout the week by a team of judges. Ribbons will be placed on the winning projects at the end of that week. All students will receive a grade from their teacher for completion of the project.
TASK: Students are asked to select a book and create a storyboard telling the main points about the book. Students must do the project on their own and should be very knowledgeable about the book’s story elements. Students must choose a fiction book. The packet outlines the book requirements for each grade.
- A standard tri-fold project board that unfolds to be no bigger than 36” H x 48” W. The finished project cannot exceed those measurements.
- Text, models, shadow boxes, and illustrations must be attached to the inner board space in order to count. Items on the back will not be considered.
- No freestanding elements are allowed. Everything must be attached and must stay attached when the board is lifted.
- There will be no access to an outlet / nothing will be charged by the teacher.
- Must be student created work.
- Your name, grade level, and homeroom teacher’s name must be labeled on the back of the storyboard.
DUE DATE: Grade 6: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Grade 5: Thursday, February 16, 2023
Grade 4: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
This project will count as a graded assignment for Language Arts.
We ask that you help us support student growth and reading by helping make sure your child has completed their project on time and is knowledgeable about the different aspects of the book they selected.
Very truly yours,
Mrs. Joan Carrion Mrs. Kaitlin Wojcik
Principal Media Specialist