I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday break and 2019 is off to a good start.
- Thank you to all of the students, parents, and staff who donated so generously to Silver Bells. A special thank you goes out to the Service Club, The PTA, Mrs. Frattarola, Mrs. Garabedian, Ms. Scrimenti, and Mrs. Paolazzi for their efforts to make this year’s Silver Bells a success.
- This is a good time to review with your children what you expect them to do if an emergency closing is called after the start of the school day. In the event of an emergency closing, students will be dismissed at 12:20 p.m. After school care is canceled on emergency closing days. If you are not available to pick your children up at school, it is imperative that they know what to do and where to go. Children who are not picked up will be transported by the Rutherford Police to headquarters where they will be supervised until released to a parent or parent designee.
- School will be closed on Monday, January 21 in commemoration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The Books and Beyond reading incentive program will begin on January 22.
- The second marking period closes on January 23.
- With the cold weather upon us, we will utilize “Operation Umbrella” for morning drop off until further notice. Grade 4 will be report to the MPR, grades 5 to the hallways near their classrooms, and grade 6 will report to the gymnasium. We will continue to go outdoors at lunch time throughout the school year (weather permitting), it is important that students are dressed appropriately to be outdoors.