Once again, Pierrepont School is pleased to participate in the reading motivational program, BOOKS AND BEYOND. We will begin the program on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 for students in Grades 4 and 5. This year’s theme is “EXERCISE YOUR MIND…READ!”. The following will give you a basic introduction to the program.
The purpose of Books and Beyond is to generate behavioral changes in students in the area of recreational reading habits. Students are encouraged to record reading in intervals of 20 minutes until they read 200 minutes to complete each station and earn a reward.
Those students who successfully complete the program by attaining all five stations will be invited to attend the Books and Beyond celebration breakfast.
To help our record keeping, please have students turn in booklets only after 200 minutes have been read. Your signature will be required as a monitoring device on all booklets returned.
Please make note of the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 22nd: Program Kick-off
- Mondays: 4th graders hand in signed booklets
- Tuesdays: 5th graders hand in signed booklets
- Friday, March 29th: Conclusion of B&B Program
- Thursday, May 2nd: Grade 5 Celebration Breakfast
- Friday, May 3rd: Grade 4 Celebration Breakfast
We look forward to working with you to encourage our students to read as a part of our Books and Beyond program.