Third-grade students will be issued an individually dedicated Chromebook for use both at home and at school. This initiative will allow for all third-grade students to have grade-level consistency and ensure that all students have the technology needed to access and complete all assignments. Each student will also receive a charger that they will keep at home. Your child will be responsible for charging his/her Chromebook each evening and bringing the fully charged device back and forth from home to school.
Please be sure to review the following guidelines with your child regarding Chromebook use and care:
- No food or drinks near Chromebooks.
- Only use the Chromebooks with clean hands.
- Chromebooks are to be on a flat hard surface when in use and when being stored.
- Keep Chromebooks away from siblings and pets.
- Do not walk or carry an open Chromebook. Carry a closed Chromebook with two hands when moving the Chromebook.
All students in grades 3-12 have the opportunity to sign up for Chromebook Insurance through the portal: https://gpo.worthavegroup.com/gpo/rutherford/. You have until September 30th to sign up.