The first days of school have been filled with exciting opportunities to make new friends, catch up with old friends, and establish themselves as learners in our Kindergarten Community! We look forward to an exciting year ahead!
As of September 14th, all students are to enter through the main doors on Sylvan Street. Parents are strongly encouraged to utilize the drop-off lane at the Kindergarten Center during drop-off. Your child must be able to exit the car independently with their belongings. Parents are to pull all the way up to the last cone or behind the card ahead of them on Sylvan Street, have your child exit the car while parents/caretakers remain inside the vehicle, and pull away, yielding to any street traffic. The use of the drop-off lane promotes social distance during this busy time. Your cooperation is appreciated!
A few reminders:
- Please be sure that your child has water with them daily and enough for the day! The water fountains are not in use.
- Make sure your child eats before coming to school. No snack during school.
- Any changes to your child’s pick up should be communicated to the child’s teacher and main office (email@example.com) prior to the start of their session.
- Absences must be reported before 8:45 a.m. for morning session or 12:45 p.m. for the afternoon session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the main office at 201-438-7675 ext. 6219.
- If you have not done so, a spare set of clothing should be sent to school in a labelled ziplock bag to be kept at school in the event a child needs to change. Also, be sure your child is dressed in clothing that allows for independent toileting. Rompers, buttons, and snaps pose a challenge to some students.
- All local traffic laws must be followed to ensure the safety of our students. No double parking or parking in the crosswalks.