All students transported on a bus operated by the Rutherford Board of Education are required to maintain standards of conduct generally equivalent to those normally expected in a classroom.
Behavior in the areas of student interaction, courtesy, care of equipment, safety must be maintained. Please review these standards with your children.
- Students must be seated with seatbelts on, facing forward at all times when the bus is in motion. There is no standing or sitting in the aisles.
- Exit from the bus is only through the front door.
- Directions given by the driver must be followed at all times.
- No eating or drinking is permitted on any bus operated by the Board of Education.
- Bus Drivers may only accept or discharge passengers at designated locations.
- Care must be used when entering or exiting the bus. Students must not run or push other students.
- No part of a student’s body may protrude from a window opening, particularly arms, hands and head.
- No objects may be thrown on the bus or out the windows.
- Fighting or mischievous behavior will not be permitted.
- No foul or abusive language will be permitted or tolerated at any time.
- Students will be responsible for any damage they may cause.
- Emergency exit drills and other safety exercises will be conducted on a periodic basis.
- No Smoking is permitted on any bus operated in the state of New Jersey. Failure to obey the above rules may result in suspension from the school bus.
Please review these safety rules with your child. Thank you.
If you have any questions, please call me at 201-438-7675 Ext 4118