As we begin the winter season it is helpful to review the information below. Also please take this time to inform the office of any number changes and make sure there are some local emergency contacts available in case of an emergency.
EARLY DISMISSAL DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
In the event that a decision is made to close school early prior to the start of the day because of inclement weather, dismissal will be as follows:
All a.m. and p.m. Kindergarten- 8:45 – 12:15 p.m. Grades 1 – 3 – 8:30 – 12:40 p.m.
No lunch will be provided on early dismissal days.
Please note the YMCA does not run its afternoon program on emergency closing days and students must be picked-up at the end of their day. Morning care is held during its regular times.
If an emergency closing is called once school is in session, there will be no afternoon Kindergarten.
DELAYED OPENING DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
The following procedure will be used for delayed openings:
1. Students in grades 1-3 will report at 11:00 a.m. and be dismissed at 3:10 p.m.
2. All kindergarten students will attend from 11:15 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
3. No lunch period will be provided.
4. Students should bring a large snack.
There is no before school care, but the YMCA does have after school care on these days for students K-3.
HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT SCHOOL CLOSINGS, DELAYED OPENINGS, AND EARLY DISMISSALS?
1. The Connect5 System will be activated. If there is a block on your phone, the call will not go through. (See Below- Connect5)
2. Go to the Rutherford web site – www.rutherfordschools.org
3. Announcements are made on the radio, station – WCBS-880
4. Announcements are also made on the TV, channel – News 12 NJ
5. Call 201-438-7675. If the schools have a delayed opening or closure, a prerecorded
message will come on and state needed information. If there are no changes to the day, the usual message will be heard.
EMERGENCY – Connect5 Calling System
As part of the continuing efforts to maintain security in the district schools, the Rutherford School District will use the Connect5 System in cases where schools will be closed for emergency reasons. Connect5 places an automatic call
with a recorded message to telephone numbers that have been provided to the school for home contact.
This system will be used in the event of an unanticipated need to close school during the school day or any reason deemed necessary.
If school is closed for the day, the primary contact number will be called either the evening before or early morning. However, if there is an early dismissal or emergency additional numbers will be contacted.