Just in case you need this information from the Lincoln Student Handbook……
HOW DO I FIND OUT ABOUT SCHOOL CLOSINGS, DELAYED OPENINGS, AND EARLY DISMISSALS?
- The Connect5 System will be activated. If there is a block on your phone, the call will not go through. (See Below- Connect5)
- Go to the Rutherford web site – www.rutherfordschools.org
- Announcements are made on the radio, station – WCBS-880
- Announcements are also made on the TV, channel CBS
- Call 201-438-7675. If the schools have a delayed opening or closure, a prerecorded message will come on and state needed information. If there are no changes to the day, the usual message will be heard.
EARLY DISMISSAL DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
In the event that a decision is made to close school early prior to the start of the day because of inclement weather, dismissal will be as follows:
Pre K 3————— 8:30-10:30
Pre K 4————— 10:30-12:30
Grades 1 – 3 —— 8:30 -12:30 p.m.
Grade K————– 8:45- 12:45 p.m.
No lunch will be provided on early dismissal days.
Please note the YMCA does not run its afternoon program on emergency closing days and students must be picked-up at the end of their day. Morning care is held during its regular times.
DELAYED OPENING DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
The following procedure will be used for delayed openings:
- Students in grades 1-3 will report at 11:00 a.m. and be dismissed at 3:10 p.m.
- Kindergarten students will attend from 10:30 a.m. until 2:35 p.m.
- Pre K 3- attend from 11-1:00 p.m. and Pre K 4 attends from 1-3 p.m.
- No lunch period will be provided.
- Students should bring a large snack.
There is no before school care, but the YMCA does have afterschool care on these days for students K-3.