How was your day?
This question often leaves parents and caretakers frustrated with the one word response or the lack of detail provided to them from their child. Here are a few suggestions that will encourage your child to engage in a conversation about their day.
- Ask specific questions, specific to their day. What activities did you do in Mr. Foster’s class today? Did you learn about instruments with Mr. Sheridan or are you learning a song? Tell me about the (song/instrument).
- What did you do today that made someone smile?
- Did you enjoy math or writing more today? Why?
- What was easier today than yesterday?
- What did you do that was kind today?