The Rutherford Board of Education is seeking qualified candidates to fill a vacancy on the Board. The Board, within the powers delegated to it by law, is the policy-making legislative branch of the School District. The term will run through December 2018. The position will be placed on the ballot at the annual election in November 2018, for a full three-year term.
- A citizen of the United States of America
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to read and write
- A resident of the Rutherford Borough municipality for at least (1) year preceding the date of appointment
- Not directly/indirectly interested in a contract with a claim against the Board
- Registered to vote in the District
- Not disqualified as a voter pursuant to NJSA 19:4-1
The successful candidate will need to undergo a criminal history background check upon appointment.
Any qualified Rutherford resident interested in serving the children of our school district should submit a letter of interest, detailing the applicant’s qualifications to:
Joseph P. Kelly
Business Administrator/Board Secretary
Rutherford Board of Education
176 Park Avenue
Rutherford, NJ 07070
Letters of application will be accepted through Thursday, October 12, 2017 until 4:00 p.m.
The Board of Education will review all qualifying applicants.
Interviews will be conducted on Monday, October 23, 2017.